As a photographer and a designer (and want-to-be-artist, lol), it’s very important to be creative in my daily life. There are many times when ideas just come to me instantly but there’s other times when I have to push myself to think and to be inspired somehow. The internet world has helped me so much during these moments when I feel “blocked” creatively. There are so many talented people out there willing to share their stories, their work, their ideas and their thoughts with many of us. I am just so glad for that alone! But for me getting inspiration also has to come from within myself and having a change in the way I think and how I see the world around me. This is something I have committed myself to focus on and put to practice for the year 2009 whenever I am lacking inspiration. It’s almost like my starting point. Therefore, I have come up with a small list of things I have taken note of which will help me get started in any specific project, design, assignment or simply when I need to get a head start on something. And I would like to share it:
(1) Approach things with a child like wonder.
(2) Be a continuous learner and watch your life expand,
(3) shift from negative statements to positive statements-change from “I can’t” to “how can I”,
(4) clear out the clutter in you physical and mental environment.
(5) Make notes of inspirational things you see around you.
(6) Take time to reflect on what is going on in your life right now.
(7) Be compassionate with yourself and other
I will obviously be adding more to this as time passes but, I truly believe that in order to get inspiration, at least for me, is to have a mind change and a different attitude towards life! That’s when my creative juices will be over-flowing inside my mind therefore, becoming more productive! 🙂
And with these thoughts I leave you with some pictures of last week:
Dariel’s busy week 🙂
Have a wonderful week!